Monday 16 May 2011

As planned, we met up with Gary and Gaynor and spent a very pleasant evening at the pub. Gary had warned me that the pub served large helpings of food and he wasn't wrong - I loaded up with about a ton of carbs washed down with several pints of an ale called "Piddle"!
Halfway through the meal I surprised everyone by suddenly jumping up .... I'd felt a cramp coming on in my hamstring and just managed to stop it before it took hold - that would have made tomorrows ride even more of a trial.



We finished the evening with the ladies chatting in the corner of the snug whilst Gary and I played pool, or rather, Gary gave me some lessons on how to play! Anyway, the bottom line is that we all really enjoyed ourselves although I ended up drinking rather more than I intended - Gary said "this pub doesn't serve halfs" and he was right!




The other thing I learnt is that the ride over to "Gary's Challenge Hill" has a couple of hills and as for his hill, I reckon it's going to be hard going, especially as he's going to video me going up it. And I'll have another 50 miles to go afterwards....


1 comment:

  1. How was the hill? Gary was on the dog & bone giving me running commentary as you slowly progressed up the "hill".
    Enjoy rest of trip!

    ReplyDelete